AGENDA – (Essentially Library and Develop of Lightroom)
– Introduction to Adobe Lightroom Pro.
– A Digital Dark-Room.
– Understanding why Lightroom is an important Software for a Photographer.
– How it is different from Adobe Photoshop.
– Lightroom Workflow for Photographers who go for various Photo-Shoots of different types.
– Workspace and Setup of Lightroom.
– Do Quality work by saving time – Better Organize your Photo-Shoots.
– Cataloging, Backup and Archiving.
– Basic tools and their use.
– Reading Histogram to decide further processing of Photographs.
– Understanding Editing in ‘Develop Module’ of Adobe Lightroom.
– Adjusting Image Color and Tone.
– Working in Grayscale.
– Retouching and correcting photographs.
– Basics of Correcting Lens Distortions and noise.
– Basics of Export and Slideshow creation.
– Creating Online portfolio.
- All DPC workshops require you to have loads of enthusiasm.
- People with laptop and Lightroom installed
- You can have a DSLR and you know how to use your camera features
Who Should attend
- Photography Enthusiasts .
- Students of photography and art
- Hobbyists and enthusiast photographers
- wedding Photographers
- Persuing careers in Photography
- Working photographers who wish to hone their skill and learn from the expert
Rs 3000 ( open to all)
Rs 2500 for DPC members
Rs 2000 for ( people who attended this workshop previously at DPC)
To register www.delhiphotographyclub.com/register or call 8826712162 for more details
About the Instructor
VJ Sharma – A Software Engineer by the day and a blogger by the night, VJ tries to find photography related opportunities whenever he gets time during weekends or holidays. He hails from Himachal Pradesh, India and have been brought up amidst imposing natural beauty of the Himalayas. A desire to capture this beauty led to an interest in photography. He has since then honed his skills through a professional photography course and intense practice. Apart from Nature photography, he also dabbles in Architecture, Product, and Sports photography.
VJ loves practicing and discussing Digital photography and post processing.
Tea Talk with Akshat Bhargava
This gives me immense pleasure to invite you for Tea talk session with Akhat Bhargava this Saturday.
Date : 13th Oct 2018
Time : 2pm to 4 pm
Duration. : 2 hours
About Akhsat Bhargava
Photography can be an art of living for an ardent photographer like Akshat Bhargava. He is an avid traveler and his incessant passion to explore the vividness of various places and their cultural hues always inspired him to be a photographer at a young age. He strongly believes that everyone has an indigenous quality to capture a captivating image, but only a few have an eye to envisage the hidden emotion that conveys a story of a particular image.
So far he has traveled around 20 countries and willing to explore more. After earning a Diploma in Masterscraftman of Professional Photography and Digital Imaging from Shari Academy, Mumbai, he picked up a job in America and start doing what he always wanted to do, Travel and Photography.
Besides holding a diploma in Photography and Digital Imaging, he has done another multi-faceted course in filmmaking from Sydney, Australia.
He has worked extensively with renowned brands like – McKinsey and Company, Amazon, Shopclues, Clarks, One Championship, etc. The journey he embarked years ago to become what he is today has been full of challenges yet interesting. He is now established as a stalwart and a visionary photographer amongst his clients. He does not only believe in meeting the client’s expectations, rather exceeding them.
About Garli and Masroor
DPC brings you one more breathtaking trip to Garli and Masroor Rock Cut Temple in the month of July.
Garli is a delightful destination for anyone looking to get away from Delhi over a long weekend or simply to explore Himachal Pradesh’s countryside. Garli has been designated a heritage zone by the Ministry of Tourism, HP.
A walk around Garli is like stepping back in time. Armed with a handy map that details the sights of interest, wander down cool alleys and lanes bordered by thick greenery to discover broken down two-storied mansions. Even in their state of disrepair it is obvious that they must have been glorious in their day. If houses could speak, these structures would have fascinating tales to tell.
There is hardly any other Indian hamlet with such stunningly diverse styles of architecture on display amongst the mansions, temples and sarais, all of which stand testimony to the majestic existence Garli that once had. Garli is a classic example of collaborative town planning, vision & foresight of its founders.
Masroor Rock Cut Temple, Kangra
Dubbed as the Himalayan Pyramid, Masroor Rock Cut Temple is a popular archaeological site in India is around 32 km from Kangra on Nagrota-Surian Link Road. A major part of the famous rock cut temples are in ruins yet one can study the relics clearly. According to different studies conducted by the experts the temple complex was built in between 8th-9th century AD. A group of 15 monolithic rock cut temples designed in Indo-Aryan style. The main shrines contain the stone idols of Rama-Laxman and Sita. It is claimed that all 15 temples are carved out of a single rock.
The details for the trip are as follows:
We are going by road.
Date of Journey: 20th July
Meeting Place: IIT Delhi, main gate
Timings: 9.30 pm (pls be there 15 mins prior to departure)
Breakfast en route to Garlic village.
Check-in to Naurang Yatri Niwas, a 100 year old heritage property.
Sit back, relax & replenish yourself.
2-3 hours guided heritage walk within Garli village.
Return to the guest house & relax yourselves.
Enjoy folk music by local singers.
Post dinner; We can go for night safari in the nearby forest reserve.
Wake up to a beautiful sunrise, fresh air & birds chirping outside your room.
Have breakfast and replenish yourself.
A 2 hour drive to Masroor rock cut temple. Indulge yourself into the historical monument.
Lunch at a local dhaba/restaurant.
Visit the picturesque Kangra fort, an hour’s drive from the temple.
Other Important Details:
Stay: On twin sharing basis
Mode of travel: Tempo Traveller (Push-Back seats)
Total Seats: 12
Total Trip Cost:
Rs. 6300/- (including registration fee. Please carry the rest of the amount with you( only cash)
Rs. 5800/- for Members (including registration fee. Please carry the rest of the amount with you( only cash)
The cost includes stay, travel and food. However, it doesnt include any cost of camera or entry tickets ( to be paid by self)
Anything taken in room service at guest house will be paid by individuals.
Gear: You can carry tripods and wide angle lenses for cameras. Any camera is good for this trip as long as it is digital. Please wear comfortable clothes according to the weather, comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking, take your hats/caps, shades and sunscreen.
Meal: Simple vegetarian meals will be provided by the club.
The group will follow the itinerary mentioned above, however if one wants to visit places at one owns will, can visit accordingly on their own.
1. Registration fee is refundable .
Feel free to mail or speak to us if you miss anything or you want some clarifications.
MY LATINAMERICAN & CAIBBEAN TRIP PHOTO CONTEST
We are pleased to cordially invite all Indian travelers to participate in this exciting contest so that their photos can reveal the fascinating beauty and luminosity of Latin America and the Caribbean.
About the Contest :
We are pleased to inform you that the Group of Latin American and Caribbean Countries (GRULAC) in Collaboration with Delhi Photography Club (DPC) is organizing the Third Edition of the Photography Contest “My Latin-American and Caribbean Trip” MLCT 2018. The previous editions of this contest enjoyed a very warm and enthusiastic reception by the Indian public. The great collection of diversity and beauty captured in more than 100 photographs received in the last two years, not only demonstrates the growing interest of Indian tourists in the region, but also a passion for Latin America and the Caribbean that is being transmitted through their mesmerizing digital images which have become attractive postcards of the natural, cultural and gastronomic riches that Latin America and the Caribbean countries have to offer.
This year participants can send up to 5 photographs (each of them, at least 2 MB minimum) which they must have taken during their trips to Latin America and the Caribbean from the 1st June, 2018 to the 30th October, 2018 to the email firstname.lastname@example.org . The themes of the photos should be within the following categories: landscapes, people, monuments and others that may represent the country or countries visited by the photographers. The winning photographs will be placed in an exhibition in New Delhi and the first three winners will be awarded.
Rules and Regulations
- The contest is only for Indian nationals residing in India.
- Participation in this contest is completely free and the participants can choose any theme focus; (landscapes, Monuments, People etc). The only requirements are that the photographs should be taken in Latin American & Caribbean countries.
- Each participant may submit up to 5 photos in digital format and the minimum file size for each photo entry is 2 MB.
- The photos should be sent by email to the account email@example.com
- The email must indicate the full name of the person, age, sites where the photograph was taken (City and Country), contact information and a brief description of the photograph.
- Selfies or collages are not allowed.
- The photos will be accepted starting from 1st of June till 30th of October 2018.
- The evaluation of the photographs will be conducted by a committee comprising of officials from the Embassies of Latin American and Caribbean countries, travel journalists & travel agents who will select the finalists.
- Winners will be directly contacted through email in the last week of November.
- The winning photographs will be displayed in a gala exhibition in New Delhi where the photographers will be invited.
The organizers will not cover any additional or personal costs. Once the photos are submitted the participant waives all property right and/or copyright. The organizers reserve the right to change the conditions and/or postpone or cancel the competition for reasons that will be notified to the participants. Participation implies acceptance without reservation of these conditions in full.
Latest at DPC
we are here
Building No 5 D, Jungi House
Shahpur Jat, New Delhi
We are open
Mon Sun: 11:00-19:00
Tuesday : closed
Facebook and online queries
Responded in 2 -8 Hours