DPC launching a brand new program to nurture new talents in the domain of Photography.
30 under 30 is a unique initiative to create pool of young and talented photographer from all walks of life .
Unique opportunity to meet senior photographers , get your work critiques and of course the super 30 will take you to places .
Last date for sending your resume and works 31st December 2017.
Please read the instructions carefully.
1. Entry is open to all individual professional photographer and amateur photographer of upto 30 years of age from India including NRI.
1. Entrant: Person intending to participate in the show. For the purpose of simplification, entrant and the words -photographer, participant, are used interchangeably
2. Works: Defined as image(s) or photos submitted for consideration in the competition.
3. Complete Resume along with the 20 images should be sent to the mentioned email ID.
4. If the individual is not an adult (above 18 years of age), the resume must be supported by the guardian and the guardian must furnish his/her details wherever required.
5. Works can be monochrome, black and white or color. More than 20 images will not be considered for selection.
6. The selectors will look for particularly interesting way of presenting the picture. The images must solely be the work of entrant and the entrant must the copyright to exhibit these. DPC reserves the right to accept or refuse work submitted. No individual assessment of images will be made available and the decision of selectors will be final
7. Work/images exhibited earlier in other exhibitions is encouraged / any awards won must be mentioned.
8. Awards. 30 under 30 Certificates and cash rewards. The DPC appreciation letters , Recommendation letters & Printed Certificates and online certificate will be given to final participants.
9. Copyright: If the image is selected by DPC , the entrant agrees and authorizes DPC to create copies, hang or use on walls/internet, books or publication or in any document created by DPC . In such usage, DPC will give due credit to the participant. Entrant also agrees, that DPC may use selected/exhibited work to promote photography and/or the photographer at its discretion for a period of 3 years. Any commercial value if derived from the sale of photograph during the next 6 months will be passed on to the participant/photographer by DPC after deducting an administrative charge and due share. The photographer retains the rights to sell his work independently as well. Image(s) uploaded/submitted by Entrant must not infringe copyright or intellectual property of any third party. Entrant indemnifies DPC and Prayatnsheel E-venture Foundation from any suit or claim by any third party regarding the copyright or intellectual property of the accepted image(s). All work submitted must be the sole work of the entrant. The copyright of all entries remains with the entrant/photographer.
12. Entry fees: There is no fee of any kind to enter the competition.
13. Please do not mark your images with any kind of water mark (your name, copyright sign etc). Any image containing any watermark will not be considered for the competition
14. Personal Data: By submitting the resume, you agree that DPC or its affiliate organization or any sponsor may use this data to reach out to you to promote photography.
15. Warranties and representations: With respect to the images/entries submitted, you (the entrant) warrant and represent that:
1. You are the sole owner and author the image(s)
2. You have the sole right to enter the image(s)
3. The image submitted by you do not breach or compromise national security, are defamatory, derogatory towards a particular gender, religion, nation or community.
Please send your entries to email@example.com
Meet the Real people from the world of Photography this week we are featuring Yashpal Rathore
We are featuring people who are hobbyist or professionals photographers and we think they are worth sharing of Delhi Photography Club Fan page .
The selection is purely at the Discretion of Founders and owners of Delhi Photography Club.
Yashpal Rathore : Naturalist & Photography Mentor : Owner: JMD Images & Rathore Nature Photography
1. How you started your photography
My interest in Nature & wildlife dates from Childhood. I was regular in conservation related activity for college days whether its wildlife census or other activities. I did Naturalist certification course conducted by Jungle lodges & Resorts Karnataka, also did Certified Volunteer course conducted by Karnataka Forest Department & Eco tourism board. Photography came late, but naturally into my life. Once I got into nature photography, it was easy for me to move into it, as my engineering background & being Naturalist help me.
2. What is the role of new technology and medium in photography?
In recent times technology is changing very fast, also in the field of photography. Today everyone is a photographer, those who own smartphones or stand-alone camera. In photography advancement of technology has made many things possible which was not possible before. Today camera’s high ISO performance makes shooting possible at late evening time, earlier we used to pack up camera bags those times. In-camera Multiple exposure, HDR, etc. creates opportunities to make new images.
3. Anything specific that you want to share with people.
I see many new photographers devote too much time in discussion over various brands of camera or technical aspects of it. Every new model with few additional Megapixel or extra fps draws more attention. But Advancement of technology can’t replace knowledge of your genre of photography. You can be successful wedding photographer only if you know detail customs of wedding you are planning to shoot. You can’t be better fashion photographer if you don’t know the latest trends in fashion. Similar we can be better nature photographers if we have deep knowledge about our subjects of interest, because it’s all about anticipating moment well in advance. So to be better nature photographer we need to be a naturalist first, otherwise instead of doing good to nature by your photography, you will end up harming nature because of our ignorance.
4. What gives you motivation to go out and click despite having busy schedules.
My desire to capture nature in new or different perspectives or derives me to go out in wilderness again & again. I had developed remote controlled buggy & developed dslr camera trap systems to capture wildlife in innovative ways. I try to manage balance between my work, my family and my passion, which is very important.
About Yashpal Rathore :
Yashpal Rathore, is an Electrical engineer by qualification, but a naturalist and an avid nature photographer by choice.
To enrich his knowledge for wildlife behaviour, he undertook the “Certified Naturalist training” conducted by Jungle lodges & Resort, a Karnataka govt. enterprise in the year 2008. Being a Certified Naturalist, he conducts weekend bird walking & photography tours in India & Africa and introduce new people to basic of photography & nature. The joy derived out of providing orientation on these subjects to young people encouraged him to educate himself more in this field. Subsequently he did the “Certified Volunteer course” jointly conducted by Karnataka forest Department & Karnataka Eco tourism Board in the year 2013. These certifications provided him the opportunity to take part in forest management and participate in activities like Wildlife census, Bird survey, forest fire fighting and other conservation activities.
He has visited the far-flung corners of India & Africa to be amidst Nature. These visits have given him an intimate insight into the dynamics and diversity of nature. He wanted to capture Indian wildlife in new perspective by innovative means. As he grew as nature photographer his photographs began receiving recognition & awards, National & International forums. He sells his work through leading UK based nature stock agency www.naturepl.com.
Equipment and Gear:
Camera Bodies: 1DX/ 5DM3/6D body
Lenses: 17-40mm f4/ 24-70mm F2.8 /100mm macro F2.8/ 24mm F1.4 & 500 mm F4
3 sets of canon 550D body & 10-22mm lens for camera trap with Nikon SB-28flash and PIR motion sensor
To know more about Yashpal Rathore & follow his work, visit: www.facebook.com/natureglimpse or www.natureglimpse.com
Join our Delhi Photography Club at www.facebook.com/delhiphotographyclub
Send in your sample works at Virendra@delhiphotographyclub.com
About Red Fort
The Red sandstone walls of the massive Red Fort (Lal Qila) rise 33-m above the clamour of Old Delhi as a reminder of the magnificent power and pomp of the Mughal emperors. The walls, built in 1638, were designed to keep out invaders, now they mainly keep out the noise and confusion of the city.
The main gate, Lahore Gate, is one of the emotional and symbolic focal points of the modern Indian nation and attracts a major crowd on each Independence Day.
The vaulted arcade of Chatta Chowk, a bazaar selling tourist trinkets, leads into the huge fort compound. Inside is a veritable treasure trove of buildings, including the Drum House, the Hall of Public Audiences, the white marble Hall of Private Audiences, the Pearl Mosque, Royal Bathsand Palace of Color.
About World wide photowalk
1-The walk is on Saturday, 07th October and will start from the entrance of the Red Fort gate at 8.00 am, and will end at 10.00 am .
2-May we request you to be on time to start the walk in time?
3-This HPw will be a combination of interesting and unknown facts about the fort and Indian history. For this, we will have a trained walk leader with us
4-We will end the walk with breakfast (indian paranthas) at the Paranthe wali gali. ( Payment to be made directly)
Ways to reach:
5-By car: It is best to park the car at the Meena Bazaar parking or Jama Masjid parking. It being a morning time, it is possible it may take some time before you get the parking. So coming a little early helps.
6-By metro: Chandni Chowk metro station and a rickshaw ride from there.
7-There is no fee other then the entry tickets;
8- Ticket for camera etc., to enter any specific monument will have to be borne by the individual.
8-Any sort of soliciting or promoting any product or service among the photowalkers is a strict NO. These photowalks are to encourage amateurs and beginners to come out and enjoy photography, please help us maintain the spirit.
About Delhi Photography Club
About Delhi Photography Club people fondly call us DPC
DPC is a platform for Beginners , hobbyists , Amateurs and Enthusiast photographers. We have complete solution for your photography needs . DPC organizes Workshops ( Basic, Intermediate and advanced ), Heritage Photowalks to keep you active in photography , Photo Bus trips to various locations around Delhi (typically 300-400 km) , Exhibitions to showcase your selected pictures and Community connect programs to give back to society (teaching underprivileged kids and other people to express themselves creatively.
Agenda of DPC membership is to keep you active in the game and helps you to block your calendar in advance and helps you to meet like minded people and learn from peers. Cost of the membership is Rs 10000 for 365 days /one year. Helps you to meet and connect with senior photographers from the industry and helps you to get constructive feedback on your progress and growth in photography.
Join Beginners Photography Workshop
DPC organises Beginners Photography Workshop and it is for 5 Sundays , every Sunday there is a class for 2 hours . Our Beginners workshop is not just Beginners workshop but it kick starts photography and it helps you to solve small issues and larger confusion of your day today photography. If you cannot commit 5 Sundays , no problem once you start this workshop this workshop is free for you for next Five months . Join unlimited classes , unlimited outdoor sessions till the time your are not proficient with your camera. Please feel free to come . Just call and confirm the class time and rush.
Join Intermediate Level and Advanced level Workshop
DPC organises 6 days workshop spread across 3 weekends (3 hours *6 classes) on Advanced Composition and Art of framing : street Photography , a new batch starts every month . This will help you in identify frames and will give in-depth knowledge of what to click rather than thinking what to click.
DPC organises various one day and two days workshops , these workshops are topic specific (like lightroom, studio lighting , star trails and so on) and we have 2.5 Months foundation course , 3 months Travel photography course and 3 months dedicated course on wedding Photography.
Latest at DPC
- DPC PhotoBus Trip to Mandawa -Worlds Largest open art gallery
- Call for Entries : My Latin American & Caribbean Trip Photo Contest 2019
- DPC PhotoBus Trip to Garli -Masroor 24th May 2019
- DPC Announces summer Workshops (Age group 9-14 year) May 2019
- DPC PhotoBus Trip to Ladakh (Hemis Festival) July 2019
we are here
Building No 5 D, Jungi House
Shahpur Jat, New Delhi
We are open
Mon Sun: 11:00-19:00
Tuesday : closed
Facebook and online queries
Responded in 2 -8 Hours