In terms of arrivals, Azadpur Fruit & Vegetable Market is the biggest Fruit & Vegetable market in Asia. This is the market of national importance as it has assumed the character of a National Distribution Centre for important fruits like Apple, Banana, Orange, Mango and Vegetables like Potato, Onion, Garlic & Ginger.
This market was constructed by DDA in 1977 & the allotments of Shops to Traders have been made by DDA. There are about 3664 Commission Agents/Wholesalers in regulated market & the purpose of regulation is to ensure orderly marketing to safeguard the interests of both producers/sellers and consumers by eliminating various malpractices like under-weighment, short payment, delayed payments, unauthorised deductions & indulgence of too many intermediaries. The aim is to ensure economic. legal and infrastructural conditions conducive to competitive marketing.
Latest at DPC
- DPC PhotoBus Trip to Mandawa -Worlds Largest open art gallery
- Call for Entries : My Latin American & Caribbean Trip Photo Contest 2019
- DPC PhotoBus Trip to Garli -Masroor 24th May 2019
- DPC Announces summer Workshops (Age group 9-14 year) May 2019
- DPC PhotoBus Trip to Ladakh (Hemis Festival) July 2019
we are here
Building No 5 D, Jungi House
Shahpur Jat, New Delhi
We are open
Mon Sun: 11:00-19:00
Tuesday : closed
Facebook and online queries
Responded in 2 -8 Hours